Privacy & Cookies Policy
Knowles Travelgoods and Knowles Sports are part of A J Knowles Ltd, hereafter referred to as “we”.
This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal http://www.seqlegal.com
Areas this policy covers:
- What information do we collect about you?
- How will we use the information about you?
- Disclosing personal data
- Marketing Use
- Retaining Personal Information
- Security of Personal Information
- Access to your information and correction
- Third Party websites
- Data Protection Registration
- How to contact us
- What information do we collect about you?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- When you shop with us online or browse our website, we may collect:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
- information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your email address);
- information relating to any purchases you make of our services or any other transactions that you enter into through our website (including your name, address, telephone number, email address);
- information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication);
- information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use);
- When you register for our Services (e.g. Reward Card or e-newsletter sign up), you may provide us with:
- information that you provide when completing your Reward Card application on our website or in-store (including your name, date of birth, relationship status, interests and hobbies, address, email and phone number);
- information relating to your membership of any of our clubs, such as Reward Card
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address);
- When you use Reward Card to shop with us, or use Reward Card vouchers or coupons, we may collect:
- Transaction information, including the in-store and online purchases you earn Reward Card points for and how you use your Reward Card coupons and vouchers within Knowles Travelgoods and Knowles Sports, and
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
- Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
How will we use the information about you?
- Personal information will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
- We may use your personal information to:
- administer our website, reward card club and business;
- personalise our website for you;
- enable your use of the services available on our website;
- send you goods purchased through our website, in-store or by phone;
- supply to you services purchased through our website;
- send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- with your agreement, to send you our email newsletter, (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- with your agreement, to send you information regarding your Reward Card (if you have subscribed to our Reward Card), including your statement, vouchers and coupons, details of events and any other information that we believe will be of interest to you (you can cancel your Reward Card membership at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website, reward card scheme or business;
- keep our website secure and prevent fraud; and
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service).
- If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
- Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website, and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
- We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party's direct marketing.
Disclosing personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
- We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
- We would like to send you information about products and services of ours which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date.
- If you no longer wish to be contact for marketing purposes, you can unsubscribe at the bottom of any e-newsletter we send you or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Retaining Personal Information
- This section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
- Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 5, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of Personal Information
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
Access to your Information and Correction
- You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate. Please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- We want to ensure that your use of our website is user friendly, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your computer or other device such as your mobile phone. These include small files known as “cookies”. We do not use these to identify you personally, or to hold any personal data.
- These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- Enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- Recognising that you may already have provided a username and password so that you don’t need to keep repeating these for every web page requested
- Measuring how many people are using services so they can be improved and there is enough capacity to ensure they are responsive
- Cookies are small files, containing an ‘identifier’ given to your browser by a website which may be stored as text files (letters and numbers) in the cookie directory of your computer. Cookies are not programmes and cannot collect information from your computer. They do not damage your computer and are defined as ‘a piece of text stored on a computer by a web browser, a cookie can be used for authentication, storing site preferences, shopping cart contents, the identifier for a server-based session, or anything else that can be accomplished through storing text data’.
- Our website may send cookie data to your browser, which may save it if your browser’s preferences allow it to do so. To protect your privacy your browser only returns a cookie to the website that sent you the cookie and does not send it to any other website. A website cannot access your cookie directory or information on your computer, instead relevant cookies are included by your browser within each request you make to the website. A website can only obtain cookie data that your browser sends to it. Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you. There are two types of cookie used:
- Persistent cookies remain on your computer for a specified time and so are saved to your computer’s hard disk. We may use persistent cookies to:
- Identify that a registered user has returned
- Securely remember your login User ID – if you have asked us to do so
- Understand how you use our site and obtain information on website usage (as described above)
- Session cookies are deleted when you close your browser and are not usually saved to your computer’s hard disk. We use session cookies to:
- Identify that you have logged in to the site
- Hold your search criteria while you are carrying out a search of the website
- Collect information on website usage – as described above
- You do not have to accept cookies and you can change the settings within your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, reject cookies from certain websites, notify you if a site is requesting to set a cookie, and set various other options. You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer, although this may have a negative effect on the use of websites. Please see your browsers settings to do so.
- Switching off cookies will still allow you to view the majority of content on our website. However, it will prevent you logging in and so accessing personalised information. It will also stop us remembering your login User ID, if you ask us to do so, and may restrict your use of our interactive tools and of some services available.
- For further information or if you have any questions about the cookies we use or this policy please contact us.
Third Party Websites
- Our website may include hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
Changes to our Privacy & Cookies Policy
- We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
Data Protection Registration
- We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner's Office.
- Our data protection registration number is ZA334582
How to Contact Us
- This website is owned and operated by A J KNOWLES LTD.
- We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 00786549, and our registered office is at 50 Broad Street Worcester.
- Our principal place of business is at 19 and 50 Broad Street Worcester.
- You can contact us:
- by post, using the postal address;
- using our website contact form;
- by telephone, on 01905 22019 ; or
- by email, using email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org